Friday, January 28, 2011

The Project/Mission

This blog has been percolating in my brain since January 1 of this year.  I wanted a place to write about my attempts at fitness and weight loss.  I am afraid to put some of those thoughts "out there", though!  But the email address is registered and the blog address is set, so here we go!

The Facts:
Hubby and I are overweight.  We are not being good role models for our children.  We are intelligent people who know the "right things" to do, but we can't seem to put them into practice.  This blog will chronicle our attempts to eat better and exercise more and teach our children how to be healthy people.

Kid 1 is our 3-year-old daughter and Kid 2 is our 17-month-old son.  So far they are good eaters with a preference for fruit, milk, and cheese.

I am 5' 8" tall and currently weigh 170 lbs.  My highest weight ever, at the end of my 2nd pregnancy, was 210 lbs.  I hovered around 190 between pregnancy 1 and 2.  My goal is to weigh 140 lbs.

Hubby is 6 feet tall and weighs 375 lbs.  This is the heaviest he has ever been.  His ultimate goal would be to weigh 250 lbs.

The tools we have at our disposal are typical of any family: healthy food, a working kitchen, and a membership to the local YMCA.  Hopefully we can make some positive changes as this year progresses.

1 comment:

  1. hi , your recipe caught my attention bc I thought it was weight watcher not whole wheat. lol but that is good too ! I'm a mom too trying to lose weight. I've joined a gym and have lost 7 lbs. but need to lose 25 by march 30th. that is my immediate goal. long term is to lose 100. thanks for sharing your story. look forward to reading more. I also have a blog :
    peaceisourgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete