Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Disappointing

I had a disappointing end to last week and kind of fell of the blog bandwagon.  I skipped a few workouts, ate too much during the Super Bowl, and was generally feeling kind of down.  And I had been doing so well!

I weighed in yesterday at 172.6.  A gain of .4 lbs.  Kind of a bummer since I was exercising.  I do know myself, though, and I know that good food choices are more effective for me than exercise.  The two combined, however, are very powerful!  I need to be more disciplined.

I did get back in the pool last night and swam 30 laps.  Swimming makes me laugh because I'll just go and go and go and feel fine because I'm suspended in the water.  But the minute I get out--bam!  My legs and shoulders were so sore!  Felt good, though.

So I'll try to do better this week.  Here's the workout plan:
Tuesday: swim
Wednesday: bike 2 miles
Thursday: swim
Friday: bike or walk
Saturday: stair stepper
Sunday: swim

Also, here's what I've been eating for breakfast this week.  It is not an original recipe, so don't credit it to me!

1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1/4 cup milk (I used almond)
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1 teaspoon slice almonds
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until warm.  Eat!  This is a tasty hot cereal option that is different from standard oatmeal or wheat cereals.

1 comment:

  1. I had a bad couple of weeks too, not so much eating bad stuff but not going to gym, bc of sorry excuses, But, we got to keep going and start again, I'm back on my shakes and using flax seed in them.

    ReplyDelete